So this was the original plan that I was diligently working on:
After almost four years of playing with my Jane blocks I accumulated 81 squares, 18 triangles and 1 corner square for my quilt, That does not include a few extras that were the wrong color, or that I just did not think were good enough for one reason or another.
The goals was to have everything done in four years and I just knew that I could never catch up. Of course, I was considering continuing on at my own pace. Then I saw a Tula Pink City Sampler quilt on Pinterest with the Trellis sashing and I knew it was the perfect thing to do with my blocks. I came up with a design to use the exact number of blocks that I had completed. But, once I started playing with a color scheme it became obvious that I had too many green and red blocks. So I did end up making a few more blocks,
So, now I have my own version of a Jane Stickle Quilt. There is a lot of Kaffe Fassett fabric in this quilt, but I also started using whatever fabric I thought would work with my modernized version of a Jane Stickle Quilt.
And then I put all those other left over blocks together to make a little quilt that I can practice my quilting on.
So stay tuned for my finished quilt which will occur once I am brave enough to dive into quilting it!
… Ta Daaaaaaa …. Here is the post with the finished quilt.
Dear Jane Blog Posts: